We picked up this cheese pumpkin at a local farm stand and after tormenting Henry with it for a few days, I finally made it into pie. I roasted it in the oven, strained out the extra water with a jelly bag, and pureed it. Not exactly a low-effort project but we really enjoyed the results. If I do it again, I'll roast 3 or 4 pumpkins at once and freeze the extra.
I finally got around to shelling my "yellow-eye" beans and was disappointed because they were all white. After a few days of drying, the yellow eyes appeared like magic. In a month or so I'll make a tiny pot of beans and we can decide if we want to grow them again next year (in larger quantity). We loved the October shelling beans so much we might just stick with those instead.
More progress on the garden bed shift. I will probably go out and dig some more today once it warms up. We woke to 32 degrees this morning!